ten things I’ve learned along the way
Random lessons…some of it wisdom shared from others…
Obviously, not a comprehensive list of what life (and my dad) has taught me, but here are ten thoughts:
- Whether times are good or times are bad, they always change.
- Listen when someone you respect tells you another person is not to be trusted.
- Every generation thinks they invented sex and swearing.
- You cannot save the world, so choose your obligations wisely.
- Life is better with a loving pet, and the most loving pets are rescued animals.
- Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day.
- It’s wrong to always need to be right. You wear people out, lose friends and anger those forced to be around you.
- You are known by the company you keep.
- Quality, classic clothing is worth the extra money. It lasts longer, looks better and is more honorable for worldwide humanitarian reasons.
- No one wants to listen to you do all the talking, no matter how fascinating you think you are. They would rather talk about themselves.
Image Credit: (hourglass) © kuzmafoto – DollarPhotoClub.com; (sky background) © Pakhnyushchyy – DollarPhotoClub.com